To book Dr. Tiller as a speaker or facilitator, call (505) 328-9772 or click here.
Throughout her career as educator, business owner, and author, Veronica Tiller has served as speaker in various capacities. She has served on symposiums, conference panels, and forums, often as the featured presenter on topics such as Native American history and culture, Native American women’s history, tribal sovereignty, tribal historic preservation, Indian tourism, and modern economic development in Indian Country.
Her speaking engagements overseas have included presentations at the University of Florence in Italy on tribal sovereignty, tribal governments, and Indian Country economic development presentations at the University of Paris on the role of tribal governments in American Federalism; a discussion at the University of Grenoble, France, on tribal economic development initiatives; and a presentation in Paris for the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) on minority women business development.
Veronica Tiller is a trained professional meeting facilitator. Her clients have included the Southwestern Indian Polytechnic Institute (for educational planning); Americans for Indian Opportunity (EPA’s Brownfields Initiative Workshops for tribes); Washington State’s Office of Indian Affairs (for the Governor’s tribal economic contribution study); the Jicarilla Apache Cultural Center (for Language Preservation Program Planning); the Native American Design Collaborative (for planning workshops); and the American Indian Council of Architects and Engineers (in collaboration with the National Endowment for the Arts for Indian Design Workshops). On behalf of Keres Consulting, Inc., an Albuquerque company, she conducted a facilitated training exercise for agents of the U.S. Food and Administration in Rockville, MD, in preparation for their implementing the family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act. She presented a workshop on publishing photographic histories of Indian tribes and communities for the International Indigenous Archives, Libraries, and Museums in Albuquerque. She can be reached by filling out her contact form.
Dr. Tiller’s speaking engagements in the U.S. have included:
• Sun Valley Institute
• International Museum for Women in San Francisco
• Native American Journalists Association
• New Mexico Press Women’s Association
• Washington State Tribal Economic Summit
• Native Women’s Leadership Forum
• Great Lakes Tribal Economic Development Conference
• REDW National Tribal Conference
• National Indian Business Association
• New Mexico Museum of Indian Arts and Culture
• Smithsonian’s National Museum of the American Indian
• American Indian Science and Engineering Society
• North American Indian Women’s Association
• Civil Institute for Women of Color
• University of New Mexico Dept. of Anthropology
• Maxwell Museum
• New Mexico State University
• University of New Mexico Anderson School of Business
• National Indian Country Tourism Conference
• Lucent Technologies