Home     //     Contact

Blog

Interview with Juanita Ahtone, 85, Kiowa, Life-long volunteer for NCAI

Posted on by Veronica Tiller

IMG_0279“What happens at NCAI, stays at NCAI,” said Juanita Ahtone as she laughs, when I asked her if she might be interested in writing her memoirs about her experiences as a volunteer for NCAI since the early 1970s. Juanita was introduced to NCAI as a teenager when she attended her first NCAI meeting in Oklahoma City at the Cowboy Hall of Fame. Her father was one of the founders of NCAI. In 1973 Juanita was elected as a delegate by her tribe and later became the Area Vice-President for the Andarko Area. She is best know for her role as the go-to-person as the Chairman of the Resolutions Committee. Juanita, has never missed an NCAI convention in forty years. Juanita is one of many women who have made NCAI the success it is today. It is important that Native Women, like Juanita, write their stories. Maybe someone from her family can take on the challenge with her.

This entry was posted in Archive. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Interview with Juanita Ahtone, 85, Kiowa, Life-long volunteer for NCAI

1. Mary Velarde says:

Nice website. Interesting interview with Juanita, lady of NCAI.

2. dee pigsley says:

Juanita is one of my favorite ladies. She and her sister were always a welcome face at every NCAI meeting. She is getting a very deserved award and recognition at the Winter Conference. Congratulations Juanita! Wish I could be present. Your friend Dee from Siletz

3. Brayden says:

It’s hard to find your posts in google. I found it
    on 13 spot, you should build quality backlinks , it will help you
    to get more visitors. I know how to help you, just search in google – k2 seo tricks

4. Uta says:

It was hard for me to find your articles in google.
    I found it on 22 place, you should build a lot of quality backlinks
    , it will help you to increase traffic. I know how to help you, just
    search in google – k2 seo tips

• veronicatiller says:

Please contact me at my email address. I am interested in knowing more about getting more traffic.

5. David Landin says:

I love her so much! She is my aunt and shes the best